There are four generations, and soon to be five that work side by side in today’s organizations. Each has its own culture. What complicates generational diversity is what complicates all diversity- all of the other layers that make up a human being coexisting with generational differences. Each group has different memories, motivators, priorities, and preferences that consciously and unconsciously inform their behavior on the job and elsewhere.
Join Lenora Billings-Harris, CSP in a highly interactive session to not only explore the make-up of each generation, but to also identify the key factors that inspire each generation to deliver their best work. You will discover how unconscious bias impacts behavior within all generations, and how best to appreciate instead of criticize the differences. Lenora will share best practices from award winning companies she highlighted in her book, TRAILBLAZERS: How Top Business Leaders are Accelerating Results through Inclusion and Diversity, while she facilitates your ideas on what works and what does not.
You will walk away from this session with:
- Actionable tactics to defuse your own unconscious bias in order to engage each generational team member in a positive and productive way.
- Methods to communicate with others how best to work with you.
- A clear understanding of each generation’s values.
- Techniques to flex your style when working with generations different from your own.
- A worksheet of suggested actions to help you engage across generations.
This workshop includes small group activities, and case studies, as well as other adult learning techniques that make the session fun yet packed with applicable takeaways.