Sight is the ability to see. Vision is the ability to SEE beyond barriers, turning them into bridges and realizing the benefits of diversity and inclusion in our workplace and communities. Challenge yourself to seek opportunities to learn about individuals of different groups; engage in meaningful dialogue and fun activities with members of different groups…
I had the opportunity to drive to the mountains and then to the shores of North Carolina to work with clients late last month. Although I usually do not like long car rides, these two were spectacular. I was constantly reminded of the miracles of nature as I enjoyed the many hues of the changing…
Redia Anderson and Lenora Billings-Harris, both of whom have a long and nationally recognized history in diversity work, have collaborated to write Trailblazers: How Top Business Leaders Are Accelerating Results Through Inclusion and Diversity (Wiley; $27.95).
Lenora Billings-Harris, CSP diversity motivational speaker and author will take you down the yellow brick road of diversity and inclusion. Click here to learn how to engage your …
Kerry Kennedy shared her dad’s words from 50+years ago. He was speaking in South Africa. The four dangers are relevant today. Robert Kennedy’s words… At the university, Daddy gave perhaps the most eloquent speech of his life. In it, he laid out the underpinnings of government. He said the individual is the child of God…
With dialogue can come understanding. Without it comes assumptions, presumptions and misdirected behavior. We all see events through our own life experience lenses. The more we are willing to examine an opposing point of view, the more likely we are to hold judgment until we have more facts. Within the last three weeks, I have…
Watch Lenora Billings-Harris interviewed on Peter Lavell’s CrossTalk
- Linking Corporate Diversity Efforts to Community Engagement for Measurable Results
- Colorism – A Silent Bias in the World of Diversity
- Community Engagement Drives Business Results
- What Would You do if…? Moving Diversity and Inclusion from Concept to Action
- Creating a Climate of Inclusion: Whose Job Is It?
- #BlockBias – A Day without Coffee can be a Day to Block Bias
- Can We Value Differences When We Can’t Be Civil?
- How Leaders Demonstrate their Support of Diversity and Inclusion to Accelerate Business Results
- Transgender-phobia in the workplace
- 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.