(Turning Barriers to Bridges is a prerequisite)
(90 minute minimum)
Inclusive cultures encourage courageous conversations.
There are barriers, booby traps, and blocked roadways on our journey toward achieving a culturally competent work environment. People say and do things in the workplace without malice of intent, but nonetheless, some of these actions create a less than inclusive environment.
The biggest barrier to giving feedback when these challenging situations occur is fear. The main reason people do not speak up when they experience micro-aggressive behaviors is because they do not know how to do so, especially if they must interact with the colleague or client on a regular basis.
Lenora’s four-step process called S.T.O.P. is easy to use and produces surprisingly successfully results. It works because there is no blame or shame in the process. Join her in this highly interactive skill-based session to learn a technique that can be used at work, home, community, and even with children. You will also learn how to apply the key
- Identify common micro-aggressions that impact relationships
- Apply the 4-step S.T.O.P. feedback process to encourage courageous conversations and disrupt micro-aggressions
- Examine the 5-step process to effectively lead or contribute to conversations on sensitive topics
- Examine approaches that strengthen your ability to be an ally, an advocate
- Post session worksheets for practice
Interested in booking Lenora Billings-Harris for a live event? Click here for more information.